Thursday, September 14, 2006

Do you think this is legit?

So I post a pair of wheels for sale on Craigslist .... dont expect a ton of response because they are "niche" wheels..... tubulars build with GEL 330's (see the full description below) .... but I get an email pretty quickley from "alex_wayne_001@yahoo.com" who just created his account a week ago:

"Hello,
i'm intrested in ur product and i will like to know the condition and and the trm of payment.thanks ALEX"


Unless its Alex from V.B., and his mastery of the english language has gone down hill, I'm guessing this is a scam...there is a suprise...

If anyone is interested in the wheels leave me a comment and I'll get in touch...these might seem a bit "old school" but they are a light and I'm sure sweet riding racing set of hoops:

I have a new hand built (back in New Jersey, Bob at Allbrunswick...which means nothing to people here) tubular wheelset for sale. Built in the winter of 04-05 from new old stock rims when I thought would be racing again the following season...it never happened. New except for being thrown on a bike and ridden around the driveway to see how cool they look. Glued but should be reglued ... I see no problems with the tires or basetape and, of course, would adjust the price if that proves otherwise.

Tires: TUFO - S3 Light <215 Red/Yellow sidewalls
Front (28h, Radial):
Hub Dura Ace 7700
rim Mavic GEL 330
spokes Wheel Smith XL15 (1.8-1.5-1.8mm)
nipples Wheel Smith Alloy
Rear (28h, 3x):
ub Dura Ace 7700 (8/9/10)
rim Mavic GEL 330
spokes Wheel Smith XL15 (1.8-1.5-1.8mm)
nipples Wheel Smith Alloy

I'm guessing the are in the under 1400 to mid 1400g range and would
be, with tires, betwen $550 to $600 (I'm baseing both of those
estimates that on Excel sports online wheelbuilder and bicycletire.com
prices for TUFO's). Really nice riding all around racing wheelset.

I tried to find a completed ebay auction to base the price on but
couldnt find anything really similar (the handbuilt tubular wheelsets
were all oldschool and used or track). I think $300 for the pair would be
fair considering they are basically new. If you are interested drop me
a line...Located in Monterey but I make it to Santa Cruz and San Jose
pretty often....can snap some pics if you like.

Cheers

LJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home